Tuesday, January 29, 2008

70 days left

This past week has been a bit of a downer. Mom came down with a nasty case of the flu last Tuesday, including a fever that lasted three and a half days. Due to baby Carr, there were no medicines that could be taken other than Tylenol and Robitussin cough syrup. So after going through a couple of trashcans full of tissues, we are on the road to recovery and Dad is doing his best not to catch the crud, although he doesn't feel 100% either.

Today we had the 30 week doctor's appointment. Our OB was out of town, so we saw another doctor in the practice. Nathan was quite amused by his name - Dr. Hoertz (pronounced HURTS)!! Probably isn't the best last name for a doctor, but I guess you live with what you get. Dr. Hoertz said everything looks good - we measured right at 30 weeks, blood pressure and weight were good. I actually weighed 2 pounds less at this visit than the last, but the last appointment was an afternoon appointment, and with the bird flu this past week, I haven't had much of an appetite. Nothing to be concerned about though. The doctor said the baby is head down, so that is good news.

In order to get an epidural during labor, you have to preregister and watch a video. After the doctor's appointment today, I went and preregistered, so BRING ON THE DRUGS!! We are in countdown mode and getting excited!
It is not a slight thing when those so fresh from God love us.
--Dickens


If one feels the need of something grand, something infinite, something that makes one feel aware of God, one need not go far to find it. I think that I see something deeper, more infinite, more eternal than the ocean in the expression of the eyes of a little baby when it wakes in the morning and coos or laughs because it sees the sun shining on its cradle.
--Vincent van Gogh