Wednesday, April 9, 2008

40 weeks

So today is the big due date, but alas, it means nothing. Went to the doctor yesterday - still no change. My blood pressure was up pretty high so they sent me over to the hospital for testing instead of waiting until my scheduled test today. Of course, once I was at the hospital, my blood pressure went back down. My doctor was entertaining the thought of inducing but decided against it since there has been no forward progress in the labor department. I go back for more lab work and testing tomorrow. Assuming everything is good then, I have another doctor's appointment next Tuesday where we will decide definitely what course of action to take - induce or c-section.
It is not a slight thing when those so fresh from God love us.
--Dickens


If one feels the need of something grand, something infinite, something that makes one feel aware of God, one need not go far to find it. I think that I see something deeper, more infinite, more eternal than the ocean in the expression of the eyes of a little baby when it wakes in the morning and coos or laughs because it sees the sun shining on its cradle.
--Vincent van Gogh